|1. The Spa-Francorchamps circuit is located in the middle between Francorchamps, Malmedy and Stavelot, in the Liege province, Belgium.
2. The first car race took place in 1922. Two years later it was the first time the now famous 24 Hours of Francorchamps race was held.
3. The track follows the rolling hills through the Ardennes region, combining long straights with difficult and fast corners, in a beautiful forest area.
4. The first corner, La Source, is an upward right-hand hairpin, which requires heavy breaking. This almost 180° corner is always difficult on the first lap.
5. Last year Racing Engineering’s Alexander Rossi and Jordan King finished the second race in first and second position respectively after a great race.
6. The Blanchimont high-speed left-hand corner is the final sweeping corner of the track before the chicane, which leads to the pit straight.
7. The corner combination of Radillion, led by Eau Rouge, is a difficult left-right-left high speed corner. It is considered as one of the best and most difficult corners of any circuit.
8. The Eau Rouge and Blanchimont corners need to be taken flat out to achieve a fast run into the long straights that follow. Doing this aids a driver get both a fast lap and also helps in overtaking.
9. During the last three years we have always seen the Racing Engineering drivers on the podium in Spa. It was Raffael Marciello’s first GP2 victory and Jordan King’s first podium in the category.10. Spa is the longest circuit on the calendar. It's a mix of long straights and challenging fast corners, meaning that most drivers still rank it among their favorite tracks.