|1. The Yas Marina Circuit is located on Yas Island, about 30 minutes from Abu Dhabi, the UAE capital.
2. At Yas Marina, GP2 qualifying and the first race are taking place at dusk. This causes a drop in temperature, which changes the tyres’ performance and degradation levels.
3. The circuit was designed by Hermann Tilke and the track carries his personal stamp because it is made up of three sectors very different from each other.
4. The track has long straights and a mix of fast corners and hard braking, which requires good traction.
5. The three fastest corners are an assembly of turns 2, 3 and 4 reminiscent of Eau Rouge at Spa.
6. The pit-lane exit is a tunnel, which goes below the first corner and leads cars to the third corner.
7. The second sector begins with two connected corners which are very slow, giving way to two long straights, which require full throttle and hard braking.
8. In 2015, the last race had to be red flagged due to a serious accident on the first lap which involved five cars, luckily no one was hurt.
9. Abu Dhabi has always treated Racing Engineering well. In 2013 Fabio Leimer won the Championship here, while in 2014 Stefano Coletti won the Sprint Race.
10. Last year, Racing Engineering secured second position in the driver and team championships at the Yas Marina Circuit.